“I was only able to get over my past when I decided I was going to … Although we can’t set ourselves free, getting up and making a decision to move on from our past is a step in the right direction.”—Corallie Buchanan (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
“The feeling of fear is never going to go away completely. When you feel fear, keep going forward. You are not a coward if you feel fear. You are only a coward if you give into that feeling. You can learn to do it afraid.”—Joyce Meyer (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
“You are most powerful when you are most silent. People never expect silence. They expect words, motion, defense, offense, back and forth. They expect to leap into the fray. They are ready, fists up, words hanging, leaping from their mouths. Silence? No.”—Alison McGhee, All Rivers Flow to the Sea (via sorakeem)
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
2. Say “exactly” what you mean.
3. Don’t be a people pleaser.
4. Trust your instincts.
5. Never speak badly about yourself.
6. Never give up on your dreams.
7. Don’t be afraid to say “no”.
8. Don’t be afraid to say “yes”.
9. Resist the need to always have control.
10. Stay away from drama and negativity – as much as possible.
Source: Lessons Learned in Life